Sunday, 8:30 a.m
Lutheran Church of Reconciliation’s Outdoor Holy Communion Service Continues
52 folks gathered last Sunday for our first parking lot worship service!
The response was very positive, and so we’ve decided to continue it in coming weeks.
Bring a chair and a mask, and join us in the wonder of God’s creation.
If it is raining, we will not have the service (no indoor gatherings yet).
We are working on plans to enable us to keep holding these services on a regular basis – even in light rain – using an FM transmitter.
You can stay in your car and worship! More to come on that soon.
We do need some willing hands to help set up each week. Three to four folks to come about 7:45 to prepare sound system and altar. Please let Mark or Pastor Bill know if you can serve and when.
We are excited to be able to see each other again and praise God for continuing to bless us.
Invite a friend to join us at 8:30 this Sunday!
Strict distancing protocols will be followed in order to safely worship together.
Here are some steps we are taking.
- Please park your car facing the fence around the retention pond. Use middle section only. No parking along the fence.
- Set up chairs using social distancing. Couples/families sit together. Others set up about two paces apart.
- Communion will use wafers and pre-filled glasses.
- Sharing of the Peace will be done placing the hand over the heart.
- Please respect each other’s’ space and comfort level. Visit – but do so at a distance.
Please join us in the church parking lot for this special service of Holy Communion. Make sure you wear a mask, and bring a folding chair and a bottle of water with you when you come. If you have any questions, please call the church office: (910) 686-4742. In case of rain, the service will be postponed to a later date to be announced. For those that will not be attending the outdoor service, we will still be taping the worship service which will be available to view online on Sunday.