Serving Our Neighbors – Sunday, September 12
Please join us on God’s Work Our Hands Sunday, September 12 as our congregation will put OUR HANDS together to do GOD’S WORK – striving to share God’s love with many people, both
locally and globally.
Thousands of ELCA congregations across the nation will participate in this dedicated day of service to ‘be the church together,’ making positive changes in our communities and sharing God’s grace in
We invite ALL of the LCOR family to gather in the Ministry Center from 9:30 – 11 am on God’s Work Our Hands Sunday, Sept. 12 (this is the time between the two Sunday morning services). We ask those who attend the 8:30 service to stay after worship, and those who attend the 11 am service to please come early (at 9:30).
God’s Work Our Hands
Gather, Write, Open, Haul
- Tie fleece blankets for the Veterans in Wilmington
- Write thank you notes and prepare treats for Murrayville School Staff
- Donate supplies to local outreach ministries (See requested items below)
- Collect Pennies 4 Pencils (school supplies for African Children Today ministry in Uganda)
- Shop & purchase baskets & jewelry made in Uganda – to employ & empower Ugandan
May we all joyfully shop and generously share with those in need … what a tangible and wonderful way to share God’s love with others!
MOTHER HUBBARD CUPBOARD – a food pantry in downtown Wilmington
- RICE – Any size bag
- RAZORS – Disposable ones, for men or women
- REUSABLE BAGS – from Target, Publix, etc.
VETERAN’S CENTER – Wilmington VA Health Care Center
- SOCKS – Adult Size Men’s or Women’s socks
- SANITIZERS -Pocket-sized hand sanitizers
GOOD SHEPHERD CENTER – a ministry to the hungry and homeless in Wilmington
- BACKPACKS – Sturdy, Adult size
- BREAKFAST FOODS – Instant oatmeal, grits, granola bars, Cereal
- BLANKETS – Bring your gently used blankets or towels that you no longer need/use
FAMILY PROMISE – a ministry helping people transition from homelessness to independent living
- SHOWER CURTAIN LINERS
- TALL KITCHEN TRASH CANS (approximately 10 to 16 gallon size)
AFRICAN CHILDREN TODAY – a ministry to vulnerable women and children in Uganda
- PENNIES 4 PENCILS – Bring your pennies (coins & dollars too) for children’s school supplies
- SHOP 4 BASKETS All proceeds are returned to Uganda to help women raise their families
THANK YOU for participating in God’s Work Our Hands (GWOH) in unique yet effective ways this year as we Gather, Write, Open and Haul (GWOH). As we strive to be safe and socially distanced during this pandemic, we celebrate that we can still effectively participate in God’s Work Our Hands activities – as individuals within our families and neighborhoods and also as a faith community working together to share God’s love with others, both locally and globally. THANKS again and again!